Friday, May 29, 2009

Social Networking

I'm way behind the 8ball in terms of keeping up with the L2TD "lessons". Maybe I can squeeze the last 3 into a Friday afternoon (well, it is nice and quiet at Cannon Hill today). Ok, social networking...I am a regular Facebook user, which I find a great way of keeping in touch with friends and family (have "rediscovered" some Danish cousins this way). It probably suits me better than some of the other sites such as MySpace or Bebo (I didn't like that one at all, it seems to be designed for 15 year olds). I am also a Twitter follower (or "tweeter", now that I have discovered more about how to use it) - I use it socially, as well as following news items and publishers (so it is handy for my job).
The most effective examples of libraries & organisations using social networking in the examples in Test Drive #4 - in my humble opinion - were BIFF's use of MySpace (great spot to pick up their target audience), and the National Library of NZ on Twitter. I really do think Twitter is an effective way of getting snippets of info across to people on a regular basis, as I know I log in to Twitter every day in preference to umpteen websites I might have an interest in.

No comments:

Post a Comment